Daily from 11 am until 10 pm.
The Golden Star is the oldest sausage restaurant in the world and it is situated just 200 metres from the White Tower. It is right next to numerous attractions, including the National Germanic Museum and the Way of human Rights. Anyone who has never been here, has never been to Nuremberg!
Since 1640, The Golden Star has been included in the superior category of restaurants and at that date too it was granted the unusual right to slaughter its own pigs. Guests are still being served today at its historic fireplace.
Our historic Golden Star sausage kitchen is located at Zirkelschmiedsgasse 26, previously known as “auf hohem Pflaster” in Nuremberg. In 1980 Martin Hilleprandt acquired the property. Despite being partially destroyed by fire, the oldest - and one of the most beautiful - restaurants in Nuremberg was rescued and renovated with the help of old friends . It therefore successfully forms a bridge between the Middle Ages and modern times.
The Nuremberg Rostbratwurst sausages are still hand freshly cooked on the beech wood fire in the traditional style. A freshly prepared potato salad made with potatoes of farmers from the garlic-producing region and a delicious barrel sauerkraut made by the Wehr family make this Nuremberg speciality to a real pleasure.